EJB 3.0 Overview
· Identify the uses, benefits, and characteristics of Enterprise JavaBeans technology, for version 3.0 of the EJB specification.
· Identify the APIs that all EJB 3.0 containers must make available to developers.
· Identify correct and incorrect statements or examples about EJB programming restrictions.
· Match the seven EJB roles with the corresponding description of the role's responsibilities.
· Describe the packaging and deployment requirements for enterprise beans.
· Describe the purposes and uses of annotations and deployment descriptors, including how the two mechanisms interact, how overriding is handled, and how these mechanisms function at the class, method, and field levels.
The first set of objectives for the SCBCD exam are mostly marketing hype.
As with any vendor certification, the company wants the people it certifies to not only be competent with the technology, but they want their certified professionals to be able to promote the product on which they are certified to others. It's not good enough to simply know how to program an EJB to be a SCBCD, but Sun also wants you to be able to sit in front of an architecture review board, or participate in a design meeting, and be able to prognosticate on why life will be so much easier if EJB 3.0 components were used.